Sunday, February 12, 2012

Basketball, SAC museum, Libby, and the crazy coupon lady!

We took Graham to his first Husker basketball game last Sunday and he had a blast! He kept yelling "shoot" at the players. He loves to shoot the ball in his basketball hoop at home. We only lasted until halftime, because Graham was so excited about the game that he wouldn't take a nap before we left.


Graham and Mommy

 Graham and Daddy
"Go Huskers!"


 On Friday, Mike took the day off and we took Graham took the SAC museum. They have airplanes, helicopters, space craft, and all kinds of fun things to see. Graham really enjoyed running around in the hangars and pointing and saying "airplane". He is saying new words all the time and it is so much fun to chat with him. He had to bring along his buddy Henry, who was almost left behind! But, thankfully when we got into the car I realized Henry was not with us and went back in to find him. He was hanging out at the front desk with the ladies! ;) You'll see a picture of Henry below and see why it would be easy to lose him!

Graham in a tank

Graham standing in front of an airplane wheel
Henry is standing on top of the wheel
(if you don't see him, look again)

Graham

Friday night our good friends, the Kubiceks, came over to have dinner and "play". We hadn't seen them in a while and it was so good catching up with them. The husbands surprised us ladies and they are taking us to Chicago without the kids the first weekend in March, which happens to be my 30th birthday! I am so excited, but it will be hard to leave my baby boy. I know he will be in good hands with Mike's parents staying with him. He will definitely be spoiled! :)

Graham and Libby

Graham is thinking "Mom, are we done with pictures yet?"

 Friday at MOPS there was a speaker about couponing. I have been price matching and clipping coupons to save money, but if I follow her strategies I should be able to save us hundreds more. She insist that you can get things free or practically free if you do your research, watch for sales, and clip coupons. So, I am going to try and get organized and I will let you know how it works out. I am not going to be one of those people that buys 70 bottles of mustard like you see on t.v. I will just be buying the necessities and stocking up ahead of time, hopefully. Graham is going to be my little helper as you can see in the picture below he is already helping look through the Sunday ads. What a great helper!

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to hear how couponing goes. I haven't figured it out well enough to save a lot.
    Graham is a cutie!

    ReplyDelete